Singapore is a country slash city-state in Southeast Asia located on the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula. Established by Sir Stamford Raffles in 1819 and separated from Malaysia since 1965, the country has in the last decades established itself as one of the major centers of financial activity in the world.
Though Singapore is often seen as a not-very-Asian city in Asia with its cleanliness, strict rules and famous efficiency (it is certainly the odd one out in Southeast Asia in those regards), it is in fact easily one of the most pleasant and laid-back places in the region to visit.
You take all the good stuff (food, weather!) from the region, subtract some of the chaos, further add fantastic shopping in all shapes and forms, great parks (both green ones and amusement parks like Universal Studios), Chinese/Indian/Malay neighbourhoods, nightlife, and you get at a very exciting end result: Singapore. [Review by travelindicator]
You can find the best hotel deals in Singapore here.
- Singapore is a city in Singapore. It has a population of 3,547,809, is situated at an altitude of 190ft and the best airport to fly into is SIN (Changi, Singapore)
- The main spoken language here is English, and the average English skill is high
- The currency used in Singapore is the Singapore dollar (SGD)
Historical average maximum temperature per month (℉):
Historical average rainfall per month (inches):
More Singapore travel resources
Singapore Attractions (Foursquare)
Browse: Most Similar Cities (Travelindicator algorithm)
Browse: Nearest Destinations (14mi-86mi)
- Saved by users: travelindicator, JaapWillems, MartinElk
- Part of custom lists: Visited places (travelindicator)
Top user reviews and comments
- Singapore is the perfect destination for those who like one of the following three things: shop, eat and sunshine. Go to Orchard Road or one of the many malls elsewhere for shopping, chill out in the sun at East Coast Park, have a champagne brunch in one of the many hotels.. Love it (Anonymous)(+2)