Jericoacoara or 'Jeri' to the cool kids, is a small fishing village turned hippie Mecca in Ceará, North East of Brazil.
What else would you like to know?
A combination of being hard to reach, only getting electricity (and roads) ~30 years ago and being declared an Environmental Protection Area has resulted in the area remaining preserved to welcome new visitors.
A destination described as magical by those who have been definitely entices our curiosity. Then add to that it is one of the few places on earth where you can witness an Emerald Sunset and now you have us completely enveloped in temptation.
An ‘Emerald Sunset’ is when the tip of the sun turns bright green for the final instant before setting below the horizon...don't worry, we didn't know that was a thing either.
There's few street signs so use landmarks to get around, by foot is the best way to get around. ProTip: wear shoes at night and bring a torch - there is no street lamps. [Review by nikodonnell]
You can find the best hotel deals in Jericoacoara here.
- Jericoacoara is a city in Brazil's region of Ceara. It has a population of 0, is situated at an altitude of 0ft and the best airport to fly into is FOR (Pinto Martins, Fortaleza)
- The main spoken language here is Portugese, and the average English skill is intermediate
- Note Jericoacoara is not a good point of entry for trips to Brazil as it is not well internationally connected. Instead try entering through for instance Belem or Porto Alegre
- The currency used in Brazil is the Brazilian real (BRL)
Other cities in the region (Ceara, Brazil)
Historical average maximum temperature per month (℉):
Historical average rainfall per month (inches):
More Jericoacoara travel resources
As usual WikiTravel have you pretty well covered with all the ins and outs.
Stuff.co have a great feature on this "Pocket of Paradise" well worth checking out, some great pics included.
jericoacoara.com is a place you can book things.
Jericoacoara Attractions (Foursquare)
Browse: Most Similar Cities (Travelindicator algorithm)
Browse: Nearest Destinations (150mi-559mi)
- Saved by users: travelindicator
Other travel destinations in Brazil (by popularity)
Rio de Janeiro, Fernando de Noronha, Iguaçu Falls, São Paulo, Fortaleza, Pantanal, Florianópolis, Recife, Brasília, Salvador, Ilha Grande, Manaus, Chapada Diamantina, Belem, Ilhabela, Porto Alegre, Vitoria, Natal, São Luís, Porto Velho, Jericoacoara [Browse all]